Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rest in Peace, Soldier

Just wanted to let you know that Soldier passed onto doggie heaven this morning/overnight. When we woke up he had passed on in his sleep. I must say I was rather relieved because we have been discussing euthanizia due to his difficulty in even getting up and walking lately and I was having a very hard time knowing when to make that decision. We gave him a proper burial this morning in our pet cemetary and there were many tears present. He was special and will be missed greatly. One of our personal dogs had really connected with Soldier and used to sleep him, and he seemed very sad this morning.

Thank you for all of your support, it means so much to us and to Soldier. I know he is up in doggy heaven smiling down on us and I am sure he is glad to longer be in pain.

Thanks again for everything.

Amanda Johnson
Rural Iowa Animal Rescue

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Rescue organizations need support in many ways. I help abandoned animals find loving homes. You can, too. . .